We are pleased to announce that the new MTB App is now available for download from the Google Play & Apple Store for phones or tablets running Android or IOS.
Our new app allows teachers and schools to complete the whole exam taking process with just their phone or tablet. The app provides exam instructions, the ability to record and listen to your exams and submit them to MTB when you are ready. We hope this app will make it even easier and more convenient to take an MTB exam.
You can download the app on your phone or tablet using the following links:
About the MTB App
This app allows an approved MTB music teacher, school or organisation to record and submit their students’ exams for marking. As part of our Covid-19 response the teacher can now conduct the exam remotely via webcam and the candidate/candidate’s parents can use the app on a phone or tablet to record and submit the exam. The exam must still be overseen by an approved MTB centre so you will need to have signed up as an ‘Individual Music Teacher’ or ‘Organisation’ on our website to conduct an exam with your students: Sign Up here
*A free practice exam to allow teachers to test using the app for an MTB exam is now available on the make an entry section of the website under other. Please note this practice exam is for testing purposes only and no response or marksheet will be issued from your submission. If you have any questions on how to conduct an MTB exam with our app please contact us for assistance.
- Record: Using this app allows you to record an MTB exam on your phone or tablet.
- Review: You can listen to your recording and either delete it or save the exam for submission.
- Scan: You can scan in your signed exam front cover ready for submission.
- Submit: You can submit your exam recording and front cover directly to MTB for marking. The teacher will receive the result & marksheet within 2 weeks by email and a certificate will follow in the post.
- Save for later: You can save your exam for later submission. (To retake the exam you will need to delete this saved exam).
- Guidance & help: The app includes useful information and guidance before you start the exam and has a range of information to help teachers with the exam process.
- Recording safety features: You will be able to check your recording quality and that you have sufficient space available on your device. You will also be asked to turn on airplane mode for the duration of the exam recording to ensure your exam is not interrupted.
- Share: Share submitted exam recordings with your candidate or school to review.