The examination is marked out of 100 with a pass mark of 60.
Award categories are as follows:
Certificates are awarded for candidates achieving pass/merit/distinction. Candidates achieving Blue or white will receive a marksheet only.
Please note the award structure for our Performance diplomas differs from our practical grades, and does not include a Merit category.
The marking criteria for the exams offered by MTB can be downloaded here:
- Classical Practical Examinations Grades 1-8 Marking Criteria
- Contemporary Practical Examinations Grades 1-8 Marking Criteria
- Pre-Grade Practical Examinations Marking Criteria
- Performance Examinations Grades 1-8 Marking Criteria
- Performance Diploma Marking Criteria
- Music Theory Examination Foundation to Grade 5 Marking Criteria