How to upload an ID correctly (video exams only)
Please consider the following guidance when uploading a photo ID:
- Acceptable forms of ID include a driver’s license, passport or national identity card. There must be an image of the candidates face on the document.
- Place the ID on a flat surface.
- Use natural or sufficient ambient lighting to take the photo – do not use flash.
- Take the photo as level to the ID as possible, being careful to avoid your shadow blocking the ID.
- Ensure that all 4 corners of the ID are in frame and that the image is not blurry.
If the candidate does not have any acceptable forms of ID they can complete the downloadable form here and photo this when submitting the exam.
How to upload your music correctly
Please upload the music for all of the pieces used in your exam. If you have used 4 or 5 pieces you can add additional pieces using the ‘add piece’ button on the app.
When submitting the music you will need to enter the name of each piece and select one of the 4 following options:
- MTB Book/Tomplay
- MTB Syllabus List
- Free Choice
- Free Choice Pre-Approved
Pieces from an MTB published book or from Tomplay (that is listed on the MTB syllabus) do not require copies of the music. All of the other options require a copy of the music to be uploaded.
Free Choice Pre-Approved refers to having had the piece approved through the optional MTB Free Choice Approval Service.
Please consider the following guidance when uploading images of sheet music:
- Please ensure the music is clearly legible in the photo, illegible music will delay the processing of your exam.
- Place the sheet music on flat surface.
- Flash is acceptable to use for non-glossy paper.
- Take the photo as level to the music as possible, being careful to avoid your shadow blocking the music.
- Ensure that all 4 corners of the music are in frame and that the image is not blurry
Failing to upload the required music for the exam can delay the processing of your exam until the required music is provided.
You should review MTBs Photocopying and Digital Sharing music Policy, ensuring you comply with its requirements.
An MTB publication can only be used for one exam. When purchasing an MTB book you will receive a code which you must enter on the app/website when submitting an exam.
- For digital books the code can be found on the order confirmation email sent after purchase.
- For physical books the code can be found on the book code sticker on the contents page.
- If you have lost your code please enter ‘lost code’ in the box. (Please note a centre repeatedly using this option may be audited).
MTB regularly audit these codes and the usage of MTB published material used by centres/learners in their exams. You may be contracted by the MTB team to ensure MTB content used in the exam has been correctly purchased.